Why swap? Well, many quilters like to add variety to their stash. This is a perfect way to build a stash. Participation is voluntary. Any month you like the theme, you can join and you aren’t committed to every month.
How it works:
Suppose that 25 members participate in the swap. Each participant brings in a package with the required fabric (6 – 2 1/2″ strips; 10 – 6 1/2″ squares; 4 – fat 1/8’s). The charms group work their magic and the next month you collect your package with different fabric strips/squares/1/8’s of the same theme.
- Four fat 1/8’s per baggie; they do not have to be all the same, they can be different. Just keep the fabrics within the designated theme.
- Fabric should measure 21 to 22 inches by 9 to 10 inches, usually 1/2 of a fat 1/4
- Fabric must be 100% cotton, pre-washed, with the selvages cut off. Quilt quality!
- Put your fabric into a plastic, zip bag with your name and telephone number.
- Pick up your new package at the next meeting.
Note: Any pieces that are extremely skimpy will not be accepted as fair trade and will be returned to their owner!
- Avoid fabrics with one large object in the centre.
- Use a sharp rotary cutter to avoid stretching the fabric as you cut.
- Want more fat 1/8’s? Submit more packages.
If anyone has suggestions or questions about the swap, feel free to contact anyone on the executive or leave a comment here.